- 1 small yellow sweet pepper, cut in bite-sized strips
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 5-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 4-to 5-inch portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. In 12-inch skillet, cook and stir sweet pepper, onion, zucchini, carrot, celery, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat 4 minutes. Stir in basil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper. Top with spinach; cover. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat. Stir crumbs and half of the Parmesan cheese into spinach mixture; set aside.
2. Remove gills from mushrooms, if desired. Arrange mushrooms, stemmed side up, on prepared pan. Divide spinach mixture among mushroom caps. Bake 15 minutes (mushrooms will water out slightly). Top with remaining Parmesan. Bake 2 minutes more or until heated through.
Each serving contains 180 calories, 8 grams fat, 292 mg sodium.