Oodles of noodles with colorful veggies that kids will love!
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch broccolini, each stalk halved lengthwise into thin, 3- to 4-inch stalks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 8 ounces soba or brown-rice soba noodles
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
1. In a large bowl, think the tahini with very hot water, adding by the tablespoon and whisking after each addition. (Some tahini is thick and will need four tablespoons of water). Whisk in ginger, garlic and chili paste.
2. In a large pot, bring a few inches of water to a simmer for the broccolini. Salt the water, add the broccolini and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccolini to a bowl of ice water. Let cool briefly; drain. Fill the pot with fresh water and bring to a boil for the soba. Add the broccolini, scallions, sprouts, edamame and carrot to the tahini mixture.
3. Add the soba to the boiling water; cook according to package directions. Drain; toss the vegetables and sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
A serving contains 191 calories, 5 grams fat, 474 mg sodium.